Monday, July 03, 2006

I've been painting!

I have finally done what i've wanted to do for decades. Take some painting classes! I should have gone to art school when i was younger (that is my ONE regret in this life), but i didn't. So now, i'm starting to take some week-long workshops.

The last one i went to was one on Colour Theory. Very important for me, because i love colour so much and want lots of it in my paintings, yet i am so afraid of it! The class helped me a lot, though i have a VERY long road ahead of me. At least i have taken the first few steps! Yay! :D

This workshop was at a great studio on Quadra Island... Firesign Art & Design Studio and B&B. It was incredible to stay there for an entire week, immersed in art with other like-minded artists. What an experience!


Sept/06 Note: *sigh* Unfortunately, because i had nowhere to paint once i got home (in this construction zone.. we're building a house), my choo-choo-kachoo got up and left. I'm back in my slump!

No comments: